Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 01: A touch of Bombay

I left Manila around 2pm. Had lay-over in Bangkok for 3 hours and from Bangkok I arrived in Bombay (Mumbai) around 1015 p.m. Just had minor delay in our luggage but other than that had no problem with immigration or the queue in the customs. Met 3 Filipinos that were also waiting for their luggage, I didn’t know until then that we were on the same flight going to Bombay. I had to ask them if their roaming working because mine was not working at that moment. Went out from the airport around 11pm and it was a relief that Kavari was already there and waiting for me because I was bit nervous because this is my 1st time to travel to India, like in every country when you are traveling alone and you don’t know anyone, it gives a sense of feeling of a little bit lost and nervousness.


My First Indian Vegetarian in-flight meal.



To give an idea how Mumbai International airport, it’s something like the Manila International Airport terminal 1 for me, when it comes to structure/architecture. I arrived at the Hotel around 1130pm, it was just 10-15 mins away from the airport. When I arrived in the Hotel, I just went straight ahead to open my computer, connect to the internet and send messages to my family and friends that I arrived safely in Mumbai. Around 1230 am, started watching local TV,I was so fascinated with their local program.I saw one movie trailer that catch my attention was London, Paris Newyork. It was a story of a couple and their journey to the 3 cities. I will research more about it as I want to see the movie. I saw also couple of Indian Music Videos, it was good! The Production and the cinematic were so close from the music videos in the US.
After 45 mins, I felt sleepy, call the reception and left a message to call me when Sandra arrives. Finally, I got a call around 3AM that she was already at the Hotel and immediately talked to her. I’m glad to hear that she arrived safe after 2 days of flying, lay-over, and change of flights. We planned to have breakfast together in the morning.
That’s my story for now, i didn't take a lot of pictures during my flight but will post more soon…

Love and Kisses from Bombay,
Grazey

#ibmcsc
#india15

No comments:

Post a Comment